Many Las Vegas residents debate the route they want to go with Bed Bugs. This article covers the pros and cons of heat treatment vs conventional pesticides
Heat Treatment vs Conventional (Spray)
Bed bugs are extremely hard to find and even harder to get rid of. It’s recommended that you treat a bed bug infestation by a licensed professional exterminator. There are several different types of treatment available to get rid of these pests. The most commonly known treatments will be described in this informative article.
The two most commonly used are heat treatment which is highly recommended and there is also conventional (spray) chemical treatment. We will briefly explain the difference between the two and also provide the pros and cons of each.
Let’s get to know the pros and cons of both conventional and heat treatments to get rid of these buggers for good. The two most common ways are whole room heat treatments performed by a Pest Management Professional (PMP). At very high temperatures bed bugs and eggs die. During heat treatment, the air temperature will reach between 135 -145 degrees and the bed bugs and eggs die immediately. The other most commonly used treatment is spray which involves several different types of insecticides over several days of treatment with a PMP. It is very time-consuming as there is so much preparation.
PROS FOR HEAT TREATMENT
- No Residual effects
- Safe and ECO friendly
- Less than 8 hours and the infestation is dead
- Kills bugs and their eggs
- Very little room preparation
CONS FOR HEAT TREATMENT
- Cost is usually always more than insecticide chemicals
- Preventions must be done or re-infestation is possible
- Requires a highly trained professional and expert in the field
- If heat-sensitive items are left out, they can become damaged and melt if proper preparation is not performed and the treatment is not done by a professional.
PROS FOR CONVENTIONAL (SPRAY)
- Cost-effective for most families. Most families choose chemical treatments due to their affordability.
- The first visit for treatment is completed fast.
- You can always follow up in conjunctions with other methods such as heat.
CONS FOR CONVENTIONAL (SPRAY)
- Recurring infestations are possible and sometimes likely because chemicals don’t kill the eggs.
- Multiple visits before the infestation are gone.
- Bed Bugs have become resistant to many of the chemicals
- Chemicals are dangerous if not used correctly or by a professional and can cause serious health problems.
- If not applied by an expert, treatments can spread an infestation.
The bottom line is bed bugs are small and tiny in size and a huge nuisance. They can destroy your entire home. At Fortified Pest Management, bed bugs have no chance of survival. We will always get the job done, 100% guaranteed. There are several treatments available to get rid of bed bug infestations. Many families try on their own to do it themselves and sadly, end up wasting valuable time and money (sometimes more than triple the amount) purchasing pesticides over the counter. These chemicals are available at your neighborhood retail store. Once this store-bought treatment fails, and more times than not it does, they now have the infestation all over their entire home and will have to spend much more hiring an exterminator. It is always best to hire a professional company to eradicate a bed bug infestation as fast as possible. At Fortified we are trained and insured professionals who will provide you with a complete inspection of your home and will be happy to take care of your infestation. At Fortified, We don’t let the bed bugs bite.