Ticks & fleas are starting to be reported in Vegas. The flea and tick population has been low in the past, but there has been an increase in recent years. Here's what to know.
Pesticides and Gardens: The Truth About Common Garden Pests and How to Keep Them Away
Gardening is a wonderful hobby for many, but nothing can be more aggravating than dealing with garden pests. The presence of garden pests not only damages the plants and flowers but can also be a nuisance to homeowners and gardeners alike. In this blog post, we will discuss the common garden pests and how damaging they are to gardens. We will also debunk the myths surrounding natural pesticides and provide solutions on how to keep your garden pest-free.
Common Garden Pests and Their Damages
1. Aphids – These tiny, pear-shaped insects have a soft body and can be found on leaves and stems. Their presence can stunt plant growth and cause leaves to curl or yellow due to excess sap removal from plants.
2. Slugs and Snails – These slimy creatures can be found in damp, cool areas within the garden. They can cause damages to plants by chewing holes in leaves, flowers, fruits, and vegetables.
3. Whiteflies – Small white flies are frustrating because they can be difficult to detect. They can suck sap from plants and leave behind a sticky substance known as honeydew. The honeydew can attract other pests like ants and mold.
4. Spider Mites – These tiny arachnids can infest the underside of leaves and cause yellow, mottled spots on the affected leaves. They can quickly spread across the garden and cause significant damage.The Myths Surrounding Natural PesticidesNatural pesticides have been the go-to solution for many gardeners and homeowners. However, some of these solutions can do more harm than good. It’s crucial to understand that not all natural pesticides are entirely safe.
Here are some of the most common myths surrounding natural pesticides:
1. Natural always means safe – This is a common misconception, just because a product is natural doesn’t mean it’s safe. Chemicals like nicotine and arsenic are derived from natural sources, but they are far from safe.
2. Homemade remedies are effective – Many gardeners concoct their own natural remedies to treat pests. Unfortunately, many of these homemade sprays do not effectively get rid of garden pests, which can result in severe damage to the garden.
3. They’re safer than synthetic pesticides – While natural pesticides can be safe, they can cause minimal damage. Synthetic pesticides are usually rigorously tested and last longer.
The Solution: Garden Safe Pest Plans with Fortified Pest Management
The best course of action for keeping your garden pest-free is to consult a professional pest control company that specializes in garden pest extermination. Fortified Pest Management understands that maintaining a healthy garden free of bugs and pests that damage plants, flowers, and trees is crucial. Our garden-safe pest plans guarantee pest removal, and our expert technicians use eco-friendly and effective techniques to exterminate pests without causing any harm to the environment or jeopardizing your garden’s health.
Garden pests can be incredibly frustrating to deal with, but it’s essential to practice responsible pest control. Natural pesticides may seem like the best choice, but they are not always effective. Instead, consider working with a reputable pest control company that offers eco-friendly garden safe pest plans that guarantee pest removal. Protect your garden and prepare it for its best season yet with Fortified Pest Management.